How it all began

Thursday, January 23, 2014



I met my husband at the bar I was working at before my junior year of college began. It was June. I was working on the patio where we had sand volleyball league playing. This country lookin’ boy walked through the door wearing some tight dirty old Levi’s and cowboy boots with a cutoff on. Oh my, my heart literally skipped a beat. He strutted right up to the table of guys I was bringing a bucket of beers to and he sat down. The entire night his eyes never left mine. I have never felt chemistry like what we had, or I should say have. Each time I’d walk by he’d stop me and ask a question. Once he asked if I liked country music.. I said yes it was my favorite of course. He told me that weekend he was going to see Kenny Chesney. I was jealous. He asked what my favorite drink was, what color I liked, I think just about anything to make me stop to talk to him for even a second. Finally, the last question he asked me before I brought their bill out to them was if he could see me again sometime. I told him I worked Tuesday night out on the patio again, and if he remembered after his long weekend out of town to come in and sit at one of my tables… then he’d see me again. I printed out his bill and for some reason, I’m not sure what came over me I wrote at the top “See ya Tuesday” with my phone number. That was SO unlike me. I noticed too in my pad of paper I sat down at their table for a second delivering drinks that he must have wrote his name and number down because there it said: “Austin, the guy that likes you” with his phone number. (Today, those first little notes we wrote to each other are framed in our bedroom) Tuesday night rolled around and I surely thought I’d never see this guy again. Around 8 o’clock I heard a couple of guys laughing as the door opened and boots on the concrete. I looked over and it was him. He stopped in front of me and said “Hey there, which tables are yours?” When I didn’t answer right away he got a little closer and said “I told ya I wanted to see you again.” Just like that I was hooked. He asked me to be his girlfriend probably about 20 times before I finally said yes. We both knew instantly that this was it for each other. We got engaged moved into a tiny 600 sq. foot apartment, I bought him a puppy for his birthday 3 months later, and we got married October 13, 2012 and moved into our town house shortly after.


Fast forward to July ‘13 where we spent most of our days drinking on the boat and cuddling by the fires in our yard. We had been “trying” I guess you could say since December with no such luck. We decided to pull the goalie then and couldn’t wait to start a family together. I decided to take a test I had only been a few days late. But sure as shit, there it was. I didn’t believe it at first because I didn’t want to get my hopes up, and the second line was a little faint. So, I took a total of 5 tests… yup. Definitely bun in the oven. I had been brainstorming cute ways to tell the hubby before even getting pregnant and now that it was here I was blank. We had some sunflower seeds... I had read that at this point that’s how big the baby was. I waited for Austin to get home and told him I had something to show him. I held out my hand and told him to open it. He said, “It’s just a seed, what’s this for.” I told him well, babe that’s how big our baby is right now. He looked at me with wide eyes, “Are you shitting me?” And then got choked up with so much happiness he picked me up span me around and kissed my belly. A lot has changed in the last six months and I guess I began blogging to help myself through this new season of our lives. 

Because that’s what life is a mix of different seasons. This season will pass and new challenges, adventures, hardships, laughs, and joy will arise. I hope you’ll follow along!


No comments:

Post a Comment