Goodbyes & Keepin Secrets...

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hey, friends!
It's been awhile. Week before last my sweet friend lost his life due to a drunk driver. After giving up a huge fight his family decided to take him off the ventilator. He was pronounced brain dead the day before. And he also had suffered several other major injuries that would not allow him to ever "wake up." While this was no easy decision for his family they knew it was the right one. Michael would not want to live that way. Especially when he could save so many lives. He brought it upon himself to become an organ donor without even mentioning it to many friends or even his family. We weren't at all surprised though because that was his nature. He was a very giving, very kind, very sweet man. His smile would melt your heart. His laugh was the most infectious contagious thing I've ever heard. I swear him arriving to Heaven must have been the most beautiful site for all of the Angels up there. And now I have yet another wonderful guardian angel to watch over me. I'm so blessed to have even known this man, let alone called him such a great friend. He had the most beautiful soul.

So, I'd just like to encourage y'all to spread the word about my dear friend, Michael! Look up #MCstrong Pay it Forward on Facebook. So many wonderful acts of kindness have brought our community and so many others together to honor this man. Living a way he did every single day of his life. My purpose now will be to advocate against drunk driving and for organ donation. As well as "Paying it Forward." Please, please, PLEASE remember never drink and drive. It just isn't worth it. The costs alone in a DUI is astonishing. But the thought of injuring or killing yourself along with others is unbearable. It is I consider, the most selfish careless act any person can do. If you don't care enough about saving your own life think about the one's you are endangering by being on the road when you clearly shouldn't. (Rant over) Also, by being an organ donor Michael's final act of kindness was saving 200 + lives. His organs and tissue donation is a beautiful gift I know he's celebrating in Heaven. Seriously, this kid loved the spot light! The attention he is getting now that he's gone is certainly making him smile up in Heaven. If you feel that it is something you believe in and is right for you, I encourage you to become an organ donor. It's a wonderful beautiful gift that will continue to give long, long, long after you're gone.

So, I've been quiet mostly because I've been dealing with the loss of my friend, and it brought me back to some dark painful days with losing Lylah. At Michael's funeral our pastor made a very good, unique point that I've never been told before. He basically said if you're angry with God that's a good thing. It means you know what he's capable of. You know from all of the stories in the Bible that God could deliver a miracle, could bring Michael back, or could have saved him and chose not to. He didn't deliver. It means you believe. That was a wonderful thought. One I'm still thinking about almost a week later. I was angry because he was just accepted to Medical School. Had a very long promising life ahead of him and it was stolen from him. Stolen by someone who was so careless and selfish and just plain stupid! But, then I stopped and realized Michael would not want us angry. He was a very strong passionate believer in God. If he were here and this was another friend of ours I wouldn't doubt that he'd say, God has better plans ahead for him. His story isn't finished. There's a plan. God takes the ones he needs to bring others to Him. And y'all it's crazy how many people now believe in God because of Michael's passing. So So SO many people have become organ donors. Have decided to "Pay it Forward" in Michael's honor with simple acts of kindness to strangers. It's remarkable to see the outpouring of goodness in a world that I thought it was lost. 
It's definitely evident that God called Mike Home because He knew the good that would come from it. I'm not so sure that the same results would happen from someone who passed at a later age. This shocked our town, pulled us all together, and encouraged nonbelievers to BELIEVE!
God's work is really beautiful.

Like the title says, keepin secrets... I've got one.
That's also why it's been pretty quiet around here. A lot is going to be changing on my little piece of the internet. I'm a horrible, I mean HORRIBLE secret keeper. I smirk, smile, my eyes tell a story without me even knowing it. While, I know y'all can't see me I still can't write without spilling the beans.

So, wait about another week and my secret will be out ;)
Can't wait!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you, your friends and families! Anxiously awaiting your big announcement! I so enjoy your blog! I've nominated it for a Liebster award! Go check it out!
    http://themishapsandmayhemofsolitarylife.blogspot.com/2014/04/good-news.html

    ReplyDelete