5 on FRIDAY y'all!

Friday, March 7, 2014



My first dabble at the 5 on Friday with some of my favorite blogging ladies, A. Liz Adventures & Carolina Charm and the gang. Some of the lovely ladies I follow post to this series and I love reading it. I’m tellin ya it puts you in a good mood just day dreaming about the upcoming weekend! So, I figured why not start today, well with this being a pretty important weekend and all. It’s the hubs 25th birthday. A quarter of a century old and he said he wasn’t in the mood for celebrating it this year. Umm, does he know me at all? Well, I took his word for it but still planned a little party of 6 dinner out with our best friends! Turns out on Tuesday the hubs changed his mind and decided he’d like to have his parents, grandparents, my parents, his brother, my two sisters, and our bestest friends over for Sunday Supper (which we usually do with either side of our family each Sunday) and drinks. Okkkkay Austin, it’s Tuesday and knowing my “Type A” style that ain’t enough time to put a whole dinner party together. I guess St. Patty’s décor will have to do as Birthday Décor for the old fart ;)

O N E
I’m pretty grateful I’m a craft hoarder because I had plenty of things stocked up to whip up some Birthday crafts for the Mr. I made a cake topper, festive garland, got my chalkboard all decked out in birthday blissness, and pulled out all of my dinner party essentials (cake platter, serving platters, bar cart necessities, etc) As you can tell I’m clearly a Southern girl at heart living in the wrong area. I’ve got the party planning gene!

T W O
Pretty perfect day, I got in my car around 11:30 and the temp is at 46’ can I get an AMEN?! This bipolar Midwest weather isn’t doing this lady one bit of good in the mood department. We LOVE the snow for what it means to us but just as much if not more, I love the summer sun hitting my skin. And this girl needs a tan. Come on spring, we’re ready for ya.



T H R E E
Families. Two sides. Lawwd help me now. Sometimes, the saying can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em just couldn't be more true. Don’t get me wrong our families get along great and we all love each other so much as if it were one family. However, getting all of these people under one roof that are as opinionated and out spoken as they are… I’m sure there will be a flare up or two. And it may just come from me, the chef. I love getting everyone together under one roof, especially when it’s under ours. Something about neutral territory for me makes me feel like I’m in control LOL ;) Just wait for Monday when I rehash this bash, I bet there’ll be a comment or two thrown in from Grandma, Ohh Hill that’s not the right platter for that. Dear, why didn’t you use this instead of that? Praying for patience now…

F O U R
Starbucks. Do I really need to say more? Getting my house and this party ready in time will be a full blown miracle. We I don’t do things small around here. I go all out, regardless of the occasion. So I had a few St. Patty’s day things here and there but actually hosting a supper party and Bday bash… there needs to be more. We’ll see if it happens since this weekend is already jammed pack. Starbucks will be the one to get me through!


F I V E
Best Friends. Ours are simply the best. Tim & Kelsey have known my husband for years. They went to grade school together. So, when we began dating they quickly became great friends of mine as well. Now, I call Kels about once a week and we text daily. They’re expecting their first baby girl in July! And though I couldn’t be more excited for them it has been difficult here and there helping her with things when I should be about due with my Lylah girl. These two people have helped us beyond belief. I have no words for their genuine love and grace. Can’t wait to put our party hats on and celebrate together this weekend. No tears here just smiles and lots of laughs to be had.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend friends!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Your families sound hilarious! I can't wait to see pictures from the party!!

    ReplyDelete