Little Moments

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Little Moments



Saturday afternoon while it was snowing once again… I found myself looking through all of our photo albums. I’ve been pretty good at keeping them updated, and I love going back through to see how far we’ve come.

Our first year together
 Before we got married our song was always, “Little Moments” by Brad Paisley.
This song has SO much meaning to us; let me give ya a little history…

One night while we were dating I went over to Austin’s house like usual to watch a movie and hang out. He was the assistant cross country coach for one of our local high schools then, and they had a meet the next morning. Austin isn’t a very good morning person so knowing this I decided to stop at the gas station, and grab a couple of his favorites (Mt. Dew and a king size Reeses).
Best. Girlfriend. Ever.
Right?

So, after getting to Austin’s I ask to borrow his keys I thought I forgot something in there earlier. Ever so sly ;) I sat the keys on the passenger side seat while I put
the pop in the cup holder and Reeses on the dash with my sweet little note.
Only to push the lock button and slam the door shut behind me.
Oops, did ya catch that?
I definitely locked his keys in the car. Come to find out his spare
set were in there as well.

Me being me I started instantly crying and panicking. He laughs it off, like he does everything. I repeatedly tell him I’m so so so sorry. My father in law is an officer too so we I called him and explained the whole thing while sobbing. He too laughs at me. He sent another officer over to open the door for us. Moral of the story… since then
we’ve always said like Brad Paisley’s lyrics…
I live for little moments like that

Fast forward to a month after getting engaged we moved in together into our 600 square foot apartment. The first morning in our new humble abode I decided to make my
fiancé breakfast. (I make bomb pancakes by the way)
Well, we had a gas stove and I’ve never used a gas stove…
I totally fried my special first breakfast pancakes, and almost
burnt our apartment down.
 
The whole apartment filled with smoke, the alarms started going off like crazy, and Austin came running out of the bedroom in a panic only to see me holding a spatula at the stove with tears welled in my eyes. He obviously cracked up and then repeatedly told me he was sorry. HAH! I still giggle at that memory.

Once again…
I live for little moments like that
Three years later and we probably have hundreds, if not thousands of those little moments we treasure ever so much.
Yeah, I live for little moments like that…


Love Wednesdays for Jess and Ashley’s link up, it’s the little things. Pop over and add yours. I love reading what little things y’all are grateful for <3

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. love this!! this had me laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was all that funny then but I do now ;)

      Delete
  2. Awe, so sweet! I love that song too! You sound like me, haha! Great story to look back and laugh at!

    -Kelly
    http://walkinonsunshinetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yep I definitely laugh about it now but I sure didn't back then.

      Delete
  3. Love it! My husband and I met when I was 16 and he was 19 and on our 2nd date, I totally tripped and fell off my front porch when he came to pick me up. Prettyyyyy much wanted to just die right then and there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Definitely something I would have done ;)

      Delete