His plans are far better

Tuesday, February 4, 2014



I’ve been asked recently what I would tell a mama experiencing a loss like mine. First of all, there are no words. There is nothing I can tell you to make it better or make the pain go away. I can say I’m so very sorry you are experiencing this kind of loss. And I am. I have days where I don’t understand and feel lost and alone. I wish I could tell you that it will go away but I can’t. Honestly, I don’t think it ever will. You’re a new you now and you’ll have to figure out how to live this new life, this new story God has given you, your way. Whatever that may mean to you. No one can decide that for you, but yourself.

I can tell you that it will get better. It will get easier. One day at a time. God is good and if you believe in Him and His promise then you will rejoice again.
You will feel happy and hopeful again.

I tell you the truth; you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices.
You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.
-John 16:20-

More than anything I can tell you I’ll be praying for you. I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen its works first hand. I know my God is good and doesn’t do things to hurt us.
He simply has a plan.

The hardest part of that truth is realizing sometimes His plan may be different than our own. But once you get to that point you can open yourself up to His plan. Because in all reality His plan is far better than any of our dreams. <3


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight.
-Proverbs 3:5-6-

I’m praying for you and my prayer is that you find peace and hope. That you learn to let God mold you into His plan. Let Him work. Let Him show you your story and how to use it.
I’m still learning this myself.
But I can promise you, it’s worth it.



{ If you’re a loss mama I’d love to hear from you. I certainly don’t have the best words or advice but I will be your biggest cheerleader. I’d love to share stories, listen or (read), and simply be a shoulder to you from one loss mama to another. }

No comments:

Post a Comment