Sweet Reminders

Thursday, February 20, 2014



I can’t believe it’s been a month of the “It’s the little things” link up with Ashley and Jess. I know I’ve enjoyed meeting new bloggers and reading some pretty special
little moments in everyone’s lives.

I’m grateful for little things that remind me I’ll make a great mama. Whenever God decides on His time to make me one again.

We visited my Goddaughter, Ryleigh on Sunday. She went from standing up and wobbling a step or two, to full on walking practically high tailing it around the entire house in about a week. Seriously. Where does the time go? Now that she’s on the move constantly it’s hard to hold her. She wants down. And right now or shit is gonna hit the fan. So when she climbed in my lap after refusing to let anyone cuddle her,
I was over the moon excited, obviously.
Then, I had the privilege of watching one of our family friend’s baby boy the other day. My heart melted. He’s seriously the best baby I’ve ever met. Never cried, never even whined. He was content and happy. I’m surprised at how quickly I picked up on his queues too. Must just be that mama instinct. Or the fact that his mommy left me a pretty good cheat sheet ;)

It’s just those little things that make ya stop and remember, God knows what He’s doing. He’ll deliver what He thinks you need in His time. The hard part is waiting.
Waiting for His plan in His time. When all you want to do is hit the ground running, much like an antsy toddler on the move.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link-up. You are absolutely precious, and you are going to be the best mama. I can tell just from this post you are calm, patient, and loving- 3 qualities that are such a blessing as a mama- and that I DEFINITELY don't possess all the time! :) Good luck, can't wait to follow your journey. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by and thank you so much for your sweet words! Made me smile!

      Delete